Don’t work harder than your students!
The sessions will offer instructional strategies to increase student engagement in deep learning. Through Powerful Pedagogy, the teachers will learn how to empower their students to be “producers of knowledge” and not “consumers of knowledge.” The training series will guide the participants in the implementation of instructional approaches of tapping into the students’ culture and learning profile. In addition, teachers be given time to develop student-centered lessons and activities. Teachers will also understand how the principles of culturally responsive instruction can be an intrinsic motivator for students to empower the student to take on rigorous academic tasks.
The Teacher Academy learning outcomes:
- Enhance pedagogical approach to engage diverse learners
- Strategies and lessons that can be implemented immediately
- Examine how culture impacts deep learning in all students
- Learn and implement structured oral language strategies to increase academic conversation
- Design culturally conscious lessons to increase student engagement
- Transform mind-set to improve teacher and student efficacy
- Connect academic and behavioral strategies to decrease school/classroom conflicts
- Learn management strategies to increase collaborative group work
These four sessions will build upon one another, each one will be new, unique content. All sessions will run from 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM in the Board Room at the Central Office. Click the link to register for each individual session at PD Place.
Saturday, March 3rd
Saturday, March 17th
Saturday, April 14th
We hope to see you there!