Don’t work harder than your students!
Over three Saturdays, teachers will be provided clear and concrete strategies to improve their practice of working with all students. Through culturally conscious teacher principles, the participants will increase their efficacy in three essential components for student motivation: Mind-Set, Planning and Instructional Delivery. The participants will engage in experiential learning through multi-media, small group and large group discussion.
The sessions will offer instructional strategies to increase student engagement in deep learning. Through Powerful Pedagogy, the teachers will learn how to empower their students to be “producers of knowledge” and not “consumers of knowledge.” The training series will guide the participants in the implementation of instructional approaches of tapping into the students’ culture and learning profile. In addition, teachers be given time to develop student-centered lessons and activities. Teachers will also understand how the principles of culturally responsive instruction can be an intrinsic motivator for students to empower the student to take on rigorous academic tasks.
The Teacher Academy learning outcomes:
- Enhance pedagogical approach to engage diverse learners
- Strategies and lessons that can be implemented immediately
- Examine how culture impacts deep learning in all students
- Learn and implement structured oral language strategies to increase academic conversation
- Design culturally conscious lessons to increase student engagement
- Transform mind-set to improve teacher and student efficacy
- Connect academic and behavioral strategies to decrease school/classroom conflicts
- Learn management strategies to increase collaborative group work
These three sessions will build upon one another, each one will be new, unique content. All sessions will run from 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM in the Board Room at the Central Office. Click the link to register for each individual session. Search SUPER SATURDAY and register all three!
Saturday, September 15th
Saturday, December 8th
Saturday, March 2nd
We hope to see you there!